I couldn’t remember how I ever enjoyed alcohol. And then I did.
Tag Archives: beer
A list of things I like about Milwaukee
1. It is pretty small, so driving around isn’t a hassle like Southern California. The distance, for example, from my old gym to my old house is equivalent to one end of the city to the other.
2. Like Manila, you bump into people you know.
3. Interesting things are ALWAYS going on. The bummer is that because it’s so small it’s possible to go to every event, so you have to pick and choose. This weekend: Combat Theater/Jeff Dunham/Mark Kozelek/Pridefest/Indigo Girls/Locust Street Days/Beer Run. What to do, what to do…
4. Great coffee. Everyone in my family is now a coffee connoisseur because of Anodyne, Alterra and Stone Creek.
5. Great beer. And I can seriously say I now take beer seriously.
6. No one is obsessed with Hollywood. Not everyone watches TV, people hardly read Perez Hilton, or entertainment magazines.
7. I mentioned hassle-free commuting in #1, but there is also NO TRAFFIC! Ever! So everything is 15 minutes away, max. You can also park anywhere you want, like Orange County.
8. Changing seasons.