Jah was sick, on and off, the past week. It was a first a fever, then a cold. Then the fever disappeared, but a rash took its place. And then, a cough that wouldn’t go away. Almost every night my 15 month old had difficulty sleeping, and he would sleep in our bed, tossing and turning, burrowing his tiny head between my armpit for warmth, or comfort, I don’t know. I would tuck his little legs between mine, which he liked. But every few hours, when his nose would be too clogged to breathe, he would wake up crying, so that I, too, was delirious from lack of sleep, constantly trying to calm him down. One position he especially liked was sleeping on my belly in a prostate position. It was during one of these delirious states that I realized how big he was. Already, his body is longer than my torso—which is amazing, considering I grew him in my belly from the size of a bean. How long til he’s taller than me? When can I fit, cradled in his armpit, with his chin resting on top of my head instead?
It feels like I only update this blog when plagued with ennui, but I find myself looking for ways to spur myself into doing something creative without feeling spent. So I just look up what my friends are up to. Here is a song Easy Fagela wrote in the ’90s. I still remember it from drunken nights at the sunken garden.
When the Water is your lucky element
- Pig and Rat are your lucky animals.
- Years of Pig and Rat are your lucky years.
- Months of Pig and Rat are your lucky Months.
- Winter or cold season is your lucky season.
- 21:00 – 1:00 (9 P.M. to 1 A.M.) are your lucky hours.
- Northern direction is your lucky place.
- It will bring you luck to live a house that faces north.
- You should choose a bedroom on the north side of the house.
- When arranging the office desk, you should sit facing the north.
- A metal or water bed is good for you.
- Your lucky color is black.
- You should wear black often.
- You should use a black system (dark colors) for decorating your house.
- Take care of your excretory system – also your Kidneys, Bones and Ears.
- Wearing jewelry will bring you luck.
Due to a series of serendipitous events, I lucked out and saw Ryan Adams in San Diego tonight with Amateur Chemist. When we got there, we were told the worldwide tour policy is no photos (“he looks the same except the venues are darker”), so I drew pics instead. Here’s the OCW review.