A few months ago, I had a faux chalkboard up in my tiny kitchen in Long Beach. (Actually we had two of them; one on the front door for reminders and the second one, the one I’m referring to, for general hopes and dreams.) On it: new digs, more $$$, and CREATIVITY in big letters, on top of the list. We just meant we wanted better ways to express ourselves artistically. And we’re incredibly happy that we got a lot of those items so soon after putting up that old list (it was January 2012 when we wrote everything down), so I feel a little silly for missing our tiny 2-bedroom (a mile from the beach!), my old job (I worked from home three times a week!) and just how familiar everything in Long Beach had become. So maybe I just have to work on the creativity part. I’m sure that will solve everything.
When the Water is your lucky element
- Pig and Rat are your lucky animals.
- Years of Pig and Rat are your lucky years.
- Months of Pig and Rat are your lucky Months.
- Winter or cold season is your lucky season.
- 21:00 – 1:00 (9 P.M. to 1 A.M.) are your lucky hours.
- Northern direction is your lucky place.
- It will bring you luck to live a house that faces north.
- You should choose a bedroom on the north side of the house.
- When arranging the office desk, you should sit facing the north.
- A metal or water bed is good for you.
- Your lucky color is black.
- You should wear black often.
- You should use a black system (dark colors) for decorating your house.
- Take care of your excretory system – also your Kidneys, Bones and Ears.
- Wearing jewelry will bring you luck.
I’ve been trying to combat my natural aversion to waiting for things (why do you think I’m always late?) by practicing patience. The internet is a boon, sure, but it also atrophies your brain sometimes. So here are a few tricks I’ve learned to battle the waiting game:
1. Do a countdown.
3. Read horoscopes. I like Susan Miller and Rick Levine (Faythe‘s dad). Barring that, heed wise words from “KungFu Panda”: “The future is a mystery and yesterday is past. But today is a gift; that’s why it’s called the Present.”
4. Googlechat is your friend. Googlevideo is your BEST friend.
Here is a limerick I wrote, published in the Philippine Star today (thanks Chonx!):
There was a silly mommy named Peggy
Of jobs she had so very many
Law medicine and food
Were all her forte (and she was good!)
But she was best at making everyone feel Â jolly